Monday 18 October 2010

PRESENTING WORK

Thinking about how to present my work for the upcoming exhibition... I have mostly been inspired by a Rankin exhibition I interned at that had the most gorgeous giant lightboxes with fashion images... and erm...

Topshop at Westfield's current behind counter display of 9 square images on lightboxes!

Love this on the left (via www.blanaid.com)


Although because our idea is of discord, and my images will be "otherworldly", I'm currently thinking of having the room dimly light and the viewer has to approach the lightbox to turn it on... and therefore is extremely close and just immersed in the image...

With A4 being £60 and A3 wall mountable £100, (and my "dream" of having a set of three square,) I may have to rely on electrician/lighting boyfriend for help making some!

Also, with every search I conduct I am more and more intrigued by the idea of S.A.D. lightboxes... do I need one? Have I got S.A.D.?! Is that why I'm so down about the dark? And the people in the adverts just look so damn happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment