Sunday 7 November 2010

ANDY WILLSHER: NME PHOTOGRAPHER








Continuing on mine and my flatmate Kevin's adventures (I do mention him quite a bit), Thursday night held for us a night of great importance... we attended the private view of Andy Willsher at The Hoxton Book Club. Lovely venue, really lovely guy! His work really held it's own because of the monochrome theme, his prints are currently on sale via his site and I lusted after a beautiful massive photograph of Amy Winehouse. Can see it going perfectly in my little bedroom!

I managed to get an interview with some juicy goss about Amy Winehouse and others... to be uploaded as soon as I get the mp3 from the dictaphone... The venue itself is lovely. Really original and raw, the lighting is not as focused on the work as I would like but then it's not always possible in a used space! Myself, Kevin and a few others are currently putting an exhibition on in a similar venue so it was great research, and was talking to the lovely Freya at TBC about how they set up.




Images by Kevin Langley

No comments:

Post a Comment