Thursday 19 November 2009

Graham Lott


is a photographer I just discovered...


Thanks to the amazing Calikartel website!

The quality and clarity of these images are stunning, something I want to work towards in the future! (Obviously waaaay off for me...)

Sometimes I wish that fashion images came along with details of how the image was shot (format, lighting etc.) just so i could try it out and not just sit here perplexed, wondering how someone creates something that perfect... I suppose that's half the fun of studying photography, experimenting so much that you can instantly tell the different tools and techniques used from looking at the image. I envy those people that can! I think I am getting better already though, which is good!

I recently spent a shoot (which I will detail soon) trying to completely eradicate shadow from the white colorama, and it took me a good while before getting it even half right. The physical process of getting the right image was so much harder than the technical information I had gained on setting it all up, the tiniest angle and changing the Broncolour by like 0.5 can affect it a lot more than I imagined!

Doing these shoots is a massive learning curve, especially when someone styling it asks me for something I genuinely don't know how to achieve, so I have to see what i can get hold of to do it, how it could be done and then just "wing it". I've learnt so much in the past few weeks!

However; it should be noted that this is all just personal work and nothing towards my degree (!!!) so i am panicking slightly at spending so much time on side projects. In Uni I've been using pinhole, large format and making panoramas and i'll detail that all soon too. Citin!

No comments:

Post a Comment